Video is no longer a ‘trending’ recruitment marketing strategy. It's here, and it's a powerful way to build your employer brand, communicate your employee value proposition and reach hard-to-find talent.
Recruiters have been slow to adopt video, even though reports like Smashfly’s annual Recruitment Marketing Benchmark Report continue to demonstrate that strong recruitment marketing (RM) adoption correlates to positive candidate experience and brand reviews—and potentially higher average revenue.
According to Smashfly, 80% of RM leaders have adopted video as an effective medium for employee testimonials, yet less than 5% of the same companies are using rich media (video or images) in their job descriptions.
More than half the Fortune 500 don’t even recruit on social or nurture talent via email!
This represents a huge opportunity for companies to attract both active and passive candidates with cross-channel, digital recruitment marketing tactics, using the most consumed content of 2018—video.
Video is more than just a trend—because it works, here’s why.
Humans Love Video
- US adults watch nearly 6 hours of video, per day [Neilson]
- Video is shared 20X more often than any other type of content on LinkedIn [LinkedIn]
- Job postings with video icons are viewed 12% more than postings without videos [Career Builder]
- Job postings with video have a 34% greater application rate than postings without videos [Career Builder]
Search Engines Love Video
- Increase your click-through rates: Including video on your page drives a 157 percent increase in organic traffic from SERPs. [Brightcove]
- Lower your bounce rates: People spend over twice as long on a page with video than without [Wistia]
- Get quality backlinks: The higher the quality of your content, the more likely you are to get backlinks. [Moz]
Video Has Higher Engagement
- People pay more attention to video [HubSpot]
- Video in email boosts click-through rates by 65% and open rates by 19% [Campaign Monitor]
- People spend 2.6X more time on pages with video than without [Wistia]
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by up to 86% [Eyeview]
The Future is Video
Cisco predicts that online video will account for 80% of all web traffic by next year. With 90% of digital marketers already using video as part of their online marketing strategy, it’s no longer a trend, it’s the medium of choice for anyone looking to distribute content and increase engagement.
Video is a low cost, high reward tactic that recruiters can easily integrate into their existing strategies and workflows. Recruiters who harness the power of video—sooner rather than later—may well end up with a significant head-start in an increasingly tight labor market.